Welcome to the Department of Rehabilitation Services
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Counseling Unit
The Counseling Unit provides:
• Individual counseling
• Couples counseling
• Family counseling
• Group counseling (i.e. wellness and support groups)
• Resources and referrals in the community
• Treatment coordination with various agencies
• Consultations and educational presentations
Who can receive counseling service?
• Connecticut residents who are deaf, hard of hearing, or KODA/CODA (Hearing children or adults of Deaf parents) and their family members.
Accommodations are available upon request.
How can counselors assist?
• Work as a team to identify goals to accomplish (i.e. healthier relationships, cope with stressors including grief, identifying strengths)
• Stress management
• Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or KODA/CODA Identity
• Understanding and managing any degree or type of hearing loss
• Coping with life transitions
• Communication access
• Challenges at school, home, or work
How to make a Referral:
If you or someone you know would benefit from our services please follow these steps:
1) Complete referral form
2) Send via one of the following:
3) A counselor will contact you to discuss referral prior to scheduling an intake.
Content Last Modified on 1/15/2014 10:36:51 AM